The HOPE Scholarship Initiative is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization designed to empower high-achieving students facing financial hardships.
Location: Touchdown, 1334 U Street, N.W. Washington, D.C.
Date: Saturday, Dec. 1, 2012
Time: 5-8 p.m.
All entrees will be judged by your fellow Capital City neighbors. We call them “taste-testers.” All taste-testers must pay a $10 admission fee and rate competing bakers in 3 categories: taste, originality, and appearance.
- All bake-off contestants must register here: http://bake-off.eventbrite.com/. A $10 registration fee is required for each entry, limit 2 entries.
- Bring competition entries to the event fully cooked and ready to serve.
- Bakers should prepare enough of their entry to serve 50 taste-testers a 1×1 inch sample.
- Bakers must serve their own dish and stay for the duration of the event. Each baker is allowed one assistant.
- Bakers must provide a list of ingredients for each entry to avoid any allergic reactions.
- Amateur and professional bakers are encouraged to participate.
- All participants must be 21 and older.
Enter your tastiest baking creation for a chance to win a $250 cash prize. All proceeds from this event, will go toward scholarships for college students. For more information, please contact: email@example.com.